Header Ads

Valverde's future with Barcelona: I have nothing to say

World football

Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde has commented on his future after the loss of the King's Cup after a 2-1 win over Valencia in Saturday's match at Pinto Viamarin.

"A month ago we celebrated the Liga title and we aspired to achieve the troika," the Barcelona coach said in remarks published by the Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo. "We created this ambition and we did not reach it."

"If you give me the choice between a final loss or a quarter-final loss, I would rather be knocked down in the final," Valverde said.

"The coaches are always ready to change things, I'm fine, I know that the loss in this club is difficult for the coach, because he always bears that responsibility, but you have to bear that," Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde said. "We had high expectations we had reached the final but we could not complete the task."

"It was a strange match, they punished us up, they were very careful, we could not score our chances, and we had a problem getting past their lines," Valverde said.

"The first goal came from the loss of a ball from us and the second from the rebound. We dominated the game even though we lacked the spark. We recovered well, but the rebates can always be scored. Or because we are stressed is wrong, we simply lost so, here is a big request, everyone wants to win the titles, and we have tried it. "

"I have nothing to say, we gave everything, we did not give up and lose the game at any time," Valverde replied. "I told the players that in the two games against Valencia this season, we were too late, but things went out. Control in the end. "

"I'm fine, and as a coach when I lose, I have the motive to take revenge and have a new challenge," said Valverde.

Related topics

ليست هناك تعليقات